After the last video I posted of the ardupilot loitering, I decided that I was trying to tune it blind. I’ve never had any other quad, and the frame on that one I had built from scratch. In order to truly know what needs to be done to improve the frame, I need to fly one that is a finished design. After much searching, I decided on a DJI F450 frame. This provided an agile quadcopter frame and I liked the Naza electronics. Unfortunately the directions are poorly written English and I put the magnetometer on incorrectly. This caused it to be out of balance and crash. After some epoxy and zip ties, she was flying properly. You can see the result in the video.
[Not a valid template]