QU-BD Improvements

Posted · Add Comment

A few months ago while working with my QU-BD dual extruders, I managed to push the plastic too hard and develop a leak.  I complained about the machining quality and they sent me some replacement parts.  They are dramatically improved from last time.  I’d still like to see a smoother barrel, but this is muchContinue Reading

Midwest Reprap Festival

Posted · Add Comment

So a few months ago, John from Seemecnc and I were chatting about reprap events and we came up with the idea for a reprap festival.  It seems everything so far has revolved around the Makerfaire events.  So with that in mind MRRF was hashed.  It stands for Midwest RepRap Festival.  This inaugural event hadContinue Reading

LVL1 Reprap Build Event

Posted · Add Comment

My fourth reprap build event concluded this past weekend.  This time the event was held at LVL1 in Louisville, KY.  There are now 10 new reprappers designing and printing at home!  Here are a few pictures from the event.  Special thanks to Smug for the assistance, John from Seemecnc for the entertainment, Gerrit for theContinue Reading

Rostock Max Completed

Posted · Add Comment

And another printer that I’ve just acquired is the Rostock Max.  This is built on the kit sans electronics.  I’ve been asked why I didn’t just build my own Rostock or Kossel.  While I could have done that, I felt like this was a better direction to go with for a first machine of aContinue Reading

MM2 Completed

Posted · Add Comment

A few weeks ago I got all the parts for my Mendelmax2.  Its a new design that is much more accessible.  I finally got a few prints on it and while it still needs tuning, I’m having fun with it.

Best Print Yet

Posted · Add Comment

I finally got my tantillus printing.  The results are unbelievable.  Dimensions are perfect, layers are perfect, print quality is impeccable.  All I can say is wow …

Tantillus Mechanically Assembled

Posted · Add Comment

Today I completed the mechanical assembly of the Tantillus.  It turns out that the normal nema17 kysan steppers are indeed too large.  I have some others on order which should hopefully be here tomorrow.  I’m going to use the ramps 1.2 that is currently on my prusa1.  That one already has an sdramps on itContinue Reading

Tantillus Progress

Posted · Add Comment

Tonight I managed to get the x/y-axis and the carriage for the tantillus assembled.  Next I’ll add the gears and the fishing line.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll make it to the extruder body.  I still need to adapt the bowden setup to 1.75, so it may take a few days.  If all goes well, the printerContinue Reading

Fan Ducting

Posted · Add Comment

I’ve always used tilted fans pointing at the extruder, but wanted to get more precise with my cooling.  This helps to improve the print quality because it can cool the PLA very quickly after it exits the nozzle.  For my QU-BD extruders, I designed my first duct which used a 40mm fan and a veryContinue Reading